Calling all sleep-savvy parents and guardians! So you have your SlumberPod or you are interested in purchasing one — and want to know how a baby monitor works with it. Let's dive into the exciting world of video baby monitors and SlumberPods, because who says baby gear can't be both practical and fun?
First up, our team member, Lindsey, demonstrates how easy it is to use a monitor with your SlumberPod below
Video Baby Monitors: Bringing Peace of Mind to Parenthood
Gone are the days of squinting at fuzzy audio monitors, trying to decipher every little sound. With video baby monitors, you can now get a crystal-clear view of your baby's crib, ensuring they're snoozing soundly and safely. Plus, it's like having your own personal reality show starring the cutest cast member ever!
But with so many brands and models out there, which one is the best fit for your family? Fear not, intrepid parents, we've done the legwork for you! From high-definition displays to night vision capabilities, we've rounded up the top contenders to help you make an informed decision. Because when it comes to your little one's safety and comfort, only the best will do.
Here is a list of the top monitors that have been reported to work well with SlumberPod:
- Dragon Touch DT50
- Hello Baby (great picture)
- Infant Optics (great picture - see above and below)
- Moonbaby Split Monitor
- Nest (great picture - see below)
- Summer Infant (good picture - see below)
- Vacos Baby Monitor (great picture)
- VAVA (great picture - see below)
SlumberPod: The Backstory
From the beginning of developing our blackout canopy, we knew that caregivers would enjoy having a way to monitor their little one while using SlumberPod, similar to how babies are monitored when they sleep in a separate room at home. How did we know? SlumberPod was created by a mother-daughter duo who have nine children between them — so they knew first-hand that this feature would be important. They also conducted focus groups and product input surveys to confirm the importance prior to finalizing the initial design.
Putting It All Together: The Perfect Sleep Setup
So, how do video baby monitors and SlumberPods work together to create the ultimate sleep setup? It's simple, really. With your trusty video monitor providing real-time visuals of your baby's sleep space, you can rest easy knowing they're safe and sound with using SlumberPod's monitor pouch. And with the added privacy and comfort of a SlumberPod, your little one can drift off to dreamland without any distractions or disruptions.
Bonus: Real Customer Tips & Hacks
We asked our customers to share tips that may help other SlumberPod owners. Here's what they had to say:
- If purchasing a video baby monitor to use with SlumberPod, look for models with a wide-angle lens.
- Check to see if your camera lens has a protective vinyl covering. If so, peel it off so that the camera lens is exposed with no covering.
- Make sure the zipper on the monitor pouch is zipped completely shut as any light will increase glare or cause blurriness.
- Keep in mind that the temperature reading on your baby monitor may show up to 10 degrees warmer than actual as the gauge is impacted by being included in the monitor pouch.
- If your video monitor has auto-focus, turn it off if possible, otherwise it will focus on the clear vinyl.
- Position the camera horizontally in the camera pouch so that it will capture the entire sleeping area.
- Position the camera lens as tight against the clear vinyl as possible with no wrinkles to reduce glare.
- Cover up the night vision sensor with duct tape or electrical tape.
- Put the camera inside the pouch upside down or sideways (sideways helps the view to include most if not all of the playard).
- Really helped to smooth out the pocket from the inside when adjusting the camera so there wasn’t a glare. Messing with it from the inside made it easier!
- Turn the monitor with the power light facing away from baby to keep it extra dark.
- For those with Nanits, the clicking sound is the infrared (night vision) mode turning on and off, not auto-focus. Simply go into your advanced settings in the Nanit app and switch your night vision to on or off vs auto, and it’ll solve the problem.
- Place your Nanit in the pouch horizontally (fits easier with the stand) and after each adjustment, wait for the wifi to catch up to show the new view. In the same section in the Nanit app where you can choose to adjust the night vision, you can choose "Crib Left" or "Crib Right." These settings help adjust the view of the monitor without actually having to move it.
- For those with Nanit: It's best not to use the stand. You can plug the usb-c directly into the back of the camera which makes it so much easier to sit flush against the plastic.
So go ahead, parents, reclaim your evenings and enjoy some well-deserved downtime, knowing that your baby is sleeping peacefully thanks to the winning combination of video baby monitors and SlumberPods. Because when everyone gets a good night's sleep, the whole family wins!